BSAVA Launches its Awards for 2023
8 July 2022
Nominations for the British Small Animal Veterinary Association (BSAVA) Awards 2023 are now open! The awards celebrate outstanding achievements and contributions to the small animal veterinary profession, and the BSAVA is calling on vets and vet nurses to nominate a colleague or contact who has made a real difference.
“Our ambition is to celebrate all things, both big and small, happening in the profession today,” says Krista Arnold, Honorary Secretary at the BSAVA. “The awards are a great way to recognise each other’s skills and commitment, and for us to say thank you to the small animal veterinary community for everything it does to support the welfare of companion animals across the country.”
“Any vet or vet nurse can nominate someone for a BSAVA Award, and neither the nominator nor the nominee has to be a member of the BSAVA. We are urging all those busy practitioners out there to nominate as many of their peers as they like, in as many categories as they like. Let’s make this a celebration of all that is wonderful about this profession!”
The categories for the BSAVA Awards 2023 are:
- The Woodrow Award: Recognising contributions to the advancement of small animal medicine by a qualified veterinarian.
- The Bourgelat Award: Recognising international contributions to small animal practice by a qualified veterinarian.
- The Simon Award: Recognising contributions in the field of veterinary surgery by a qualified veterinarian.
- The Amoroso Award: recognising contributions to undergraduate teaching of small animal studies (preclinical or clinical) by a qualified veterinary surgeon (University staff).
- The Blaine Award: Recognising contributions to the advancement of small animal science. This award is primarily intended for veterinarians who are not client-facing e.g. pathology, or clinical laboratory.
- The Bruce Vivash Jones Award: Recognising the advancement of veterinary nursing by a registered veterinary nurse.
- The J.A.Wright Memorial Award: Recognising contributions to the welfare of companion animals by a qualified veterinary surgeon.
- The Ray Butcher Award: Recognising contributions to animal welfare in the community. This award is intended for individuals who are not veterinary surgeons.
You can make your nominations and find more information about the awards and previous winners on the Awards page of the BSAVA website.
The closing date for nominations for the BSAVA Awards 2023 is 26th September 2022.