Nominations for the 2023 BSAVA Awards are now OPEN!
Do you know someone incredible who has made a real difference in small animal practice? Our annual BSAVA Awards are a great way to celebrate outstanding achievements and contributions to the small animal veterinary profession.
At BSAVA, we want to celebrate all things big and small happening in the profession today. Our prestigious awards are our way of saying thank you and giving something back to the small animal veterinary community!
Any Vet or Vet Nurse can nominate someone for a prestigious BSAVA Award, whether they are members or not. You can nominate as many people as you like, in as many of the categories as you like.
The Award categories are:
- The Woodrow Award, recognising contributions to the advancement of small animal medicine by a qualified veterinarian.
- The Bourgelat Award, recognising international contributions to small animal practice by a qualified veterinarian.
- The Simon Award, recognising contributions in the field of veterinary surgery by a qualified veterinarian.
- The Amoroso Award, recognising contributions to undergraduate teaching of small animal studies (preclinical or clinical) by a qualified veterinary surgeon (University staff).
- The Blaine Award, recognising contributions to the advancement of small animal science. This award is primarily intended for veterinarians who are not client facing e.g. pathology, clinical laboratory.
- The Bruce Vivash Jones Award, recognising advancement of veterinary nursing by a registered veterinary nurse.
- The J.A.Wright Memorial Award, recognising contributions to the welfare of companion animals by a qualified veterinary surgeon.
- The Ray Butcher Award, recognising contributions to animal welfare in the community. This award is intended for individuals who are not veterinary surgeons.
Discover more about the Awards and learn about the 2021 and 2022 BSAVA Award Winners.
All nominations will close on 26th September 2022.