BSAVA calls upon vets and vet nurses for 2024 Awards nominations
14 July 2023
Since starting in 1961, the BSAVA Awards have celebrated outstanding achievements and contributions to the small animal veterinary profession.
Nominations for the BSAVA Awards 2024 are now open, with categories in welfare, science, clinical and teaching. The awards will be presented in a ceremony taking place at BSAVA Congress 2024 at Manchester Central.
Both BSAVA members and non-members are eligible to vote for the following awards:
- The Amoroso Award – For outstanding contributions to undergraduate teaching of small animal studies (preclinical or clinical) in its widest context by a qualified veterinary surgeon (University staff)
- The Simon Award – This award is presented annually for contributions to the advancement of small animal surgery by a veterinary surgeon.
- The Woodrow Award – For contributions to the advancement of small animal medicine by a qualified veterinarian.
- The J.A. Wight Memorial Award – Presented annually to a veterinary surgeon who has made outstanding contributions to the welfare of companion animals.
- The Blaine Award – for outstanding contributions to the advancement of small animal Science by a veterinary surgeon.
- The Bourgelat Award – The primary recognition for outstanding international contributions to the field of small animal practice or science by a veterinary surgeon.
- The Ray Butcher Award – This award is BSAVA’s ‘unsung hero’ award which recognises an individual (non-Vet) who has made significant contribution to animal welfare in the community.
- The Bruce Vivash Jones Veterinary Nurse Award – Presented annually as the primary recognition for outstanding contributions to the advancement of small animal veterinary nursing.
Krista Arnold, Honorary Secretary at the BSAVA said: “I encourage everyone to make a nomination of as many peers and colleagues as possible! The awards are our way of saying thank you and to recognise others’ skills and commitment to small animal welfare. We hope you will join us in celebrating those who have made a real difference to our profession.”
Nominations are open until 25th September, with the winners announced in December. To make your nomination and find out more about each award, visit the BSAVA website: https://www.bsava.com/awards/.