27 February 2022 09:30 - 27 February 2022 17:00
Small animal urinary tract medicine - current concepts for the first opinion practitioner
Samlesbury Preston Hotel, Preston New Road, Preston Lancashire, PR5 0UL
brought to you in person by North West Region
| Date:|| Sunday 27th February 2022|
| Venue:|| Mercure Samlesbury Hotel, Preston|
| Speaker: || Dan Batchelor|
| Fees:|| BSAVA Member £200 inc VAT|
| || Non-Member £450 inc VAT|
This course will aim to bring practitioners some updates in a range of topics in nephrology and urology (including chronic kidney disease, acute kidney injury, protein-losing nephropathy, FLUTD, urolithiasis, and urinary tract infection). We aim to achieve this using talks and case demonstrations. We’ll be making use of interactive software so please bring your device. There may also be a quiz or two.
Intended Learning Outcomes
- Describe how to determine whether an animal with kidney disease has acute kidney injury, chronic kidney disease, or a combination
- Explain how to manage a case of acute kidney injury including monitoring and determining prognosis
- Describe the classification, diagnosis and treatment of urinary tract infections in dogs and cats
- Discuss the principles of diagnosing chronic kidney disease in a dog or cat, and how to determine the IRIS stage
- Discuss the treatment of dogs and cats with CKD
- Describe the major causes of glomerular disease in dogs and cats
- Describe the management of a dog or cat with a glomerular problem
- Describe the principles of managing a cat with idiopathic cystitis
- Describe the management of the common types of urolith found in dogs and cats
- Discuss the approaches that can be used to minimise the risk of recurrence of uroliths
Dan Batchelor BVSc PhD DSAM DipECVIM-CA MRCVS
RCVS Specialist in Small Animal Medicine (Internal Medicine)
EBVS® European Specialist in Small Animal Medicine (Internal Medicine)
Intended for Veterinary Surgeons
THIS COURSE IS IN PERSON
Terms and Conditions: All courses must be paid for in full at the time of booking.
To qualify for an applicable refund, cancellations must emailed to email@example.com or requested by telephone on 01452 726700. With over 30 days’ notice we will refund 70% of the course fee. With between 15-30 days’ notice we will refund 50% of the course fee. No refunds will be provided for cancellations with notice of 14 days or less, however if we are able to resell your place on the course we will provide a full refund.
BSAVA reserves the right to alter the programme or the speaker should this become necessary due to unavoidable circumstances. BSAVA reserves the right to cancel a course due to unforeseen circumstances. Registrants should note that the BSAVA member's rate applies only when the person attending the course is a member of the Association. To qualify for the reduced member's rate for courses, non-members must join BSAVA prior to the course.