21 October 2021 19:30 - 21 October 2021 21:30
Regions Now: Back to base(ics) - a primer in blood gas acid base analysis
Online , Online , Gloucester Gloucestershire, GL2 2AB
brought to you by Metropolitan region
In this instalment of the Regions Now lectures, Tom Greensmith will discuss the clinical effects, diagnosis, treatment and recent advances relating to this topic.
Before the live event
Delegates will be issued with a link to a closed group on the BSAVA Regional website, with access granted to a series of short webinars and associated reading. Access to this will be from 14th October.
The live session will take place on 21st October. Join us in the waiting room at 7.30pm, for a prompt 7.45pm start. This session will last 1.5 hours with opportunities for questions and discussion with the speaker.
After the event
Delegates will have access to the online content and discussion forum, and there will be opportunity for community peer to peer, and volunteer discussion, which is an important part of our Regional CPD.
Following the course participants should be better able to:
- Understand the best sample types for blood gas and acid base analysis and in what settings such tests are likely to be most useful
- Explain the mechanisms of hypoxaemia and how these respond to oxygen supplementation
- Objectively assess the adequacy of oxygenation
- Assess acid base disturbances using a simple protocol
- Outline common differentials for acid base disturbances
- Discuss treatment options for some acid base disturbances
- Recognise the complex nature of acid base analysis and it’s various possible approaches
Tom Greensmith BVetMed MVetMed DipACVECC MRCVS
Intended for veterinary surgeons and veterinary nurses
Terms and Conditions: All webinars must be paid for in full at the time of booking. No refund is payable if a delegate is unable to attend the live webinar; a link to the recorded webinar will normally be provided after the event.
BSAVA reserves the right to alter the programme or the speaker should this become necessary due to unavoidable circumstances. Registrants should note that the BSAVA member's rate applies only when the person attending the webinar is a member of the Association. To qualify for the reduced member's rate for webinars, non-members must join BSAVA prior to booking the webinar.