5 May 2021 19:30 - 5 May 2021 21:30
Regions Now: Feline Urology
Online , Online , Gloucester Gloucestershire, GL2 2AB
brought to you by South East region
In this installment of the Regions Now lectures, Sarah Caney will discuss the clinical effects, diagnosis, treatment and recent advances relating to this condition.
Before the live event
Delegates will be issued with a link to a closed group on the BSAVA Regional website, with access granted to a series of short webinars and associated reading. Access to this will be from 28th April. Learning Objectives of the Pre-recorded and live session:Review of a range of topics in feline lower urinary tract disease, including some of the different conditions, diagnosis, and management:
• Urinalysis and urine sampling cats –when is a cysto sample preferred v free catch, how to collect both samples, in house urinalysis, analysing free catch v cysto samples, problems with dipsticks, proteinuria assessment, when to send a sample away for more detailed urinalysis
• Approach to diagnosis of lower urinary tract disease in cats – causes (and their prevalence) of FLUTD, when a work up is needed, what aspects of the work up that are most helpful, logical approach to solving cases
• Management of FLUTD – to cover common examples excluding FIC eg stones, tumours
• FIC – to cover our current knowledge of this condition: what causes it, how best to manage it, stress recognition and management in cats
• UTIs in cats – to cover also subclinical UTIs in cats: when to treat
• Case studies: made as interactive as possible and including some less common conditions (eg prostatic disease), management of tail pull cats, ureteral stones.
The live session will take place on 5th May. Join us in the waiting room at 7.30pm, for a prompt 7.45pm start. This session will last 1.5 hours with opportunities for questions and discussion with the speaker. This live session will feature case based material on treating lymphoma and mast cell tumours.
After the event
Delegates will have access to the online content and discussion forum, and there will be opportunity for community peer to peer, and volunteer discussion, which is an important part of our Regional CPD.
SpeakerSarah Caney BVSc PhD DSAM(Feline) MRCVS
RCVS Specialist in Feline Medicine
Intended for veterinary surgeons and veterinary nurses
Terms and Conditions: All webinars must be paid for in full at the time of booking. No refund is payable if a delegate is unable to attend the live webinar; a link to the recorded webinar will normally be provided after the event.
BSAVA reserves the right to alter the programme or the speaker should this become necessary due to unavoidable circumstances. Registrants should note that the BSAVA member's rate applies only when the person attending the webinar is a member of the Association. To qualify for the reduced member's rate for webinars, non-members must join BSAVA prior to booking the webinar.