19 March 2019 20:00 - 19 March 2019 22:00
Are they ever too old for GA?
Brookmans Park Golf Club, Golf Club Road, Brookmans Park Hatfield Hertfordshire, AL9 7AT
This lecture is to cover all aspects of geriatric anaesthesia with the overall intention of reassuring the general practitioner when they have an old animal to anaesthetise. Topics discussed will include the physiology of ageing and how this will affect our choice of anaesthetic agents and common protocols that could be used.
Delegates will also have the opportunity to seek advice on any specific concerns or worries they may have.
This course will cover:
- The physiology of ageing and how this may impact our anaesthesia
- Recapping on the pharmacology of common anaesthetic agents
- Anaesthetic protocols adapted for certain scenarios and/or pathologies
- Approaches to how to apply a more balanced anaesthetic
- Case based discussion
- Questions and Answer session
- After the session, the delegate should be more comfortable with performing anaesthesia in the geriatric patient
- The delegate should be able to take the knowledge learnt in the session and apply it to clinical practice
This course is kindly sponsored by Jurox
Speaker: David Neilson BVMS MRCVS
Intended for: Veterinary Surgeons and Veterinary Nurses
Terms and Conditions: All courses must be paid for in full at the time of booking.
To qualify for an applicable refund, cancellations must emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or requested by telephone on 01452 726700. With over 30 days’ notice we will refund 70% of the course fee. With between 15-30 days’ notice we will refund 50% of the course fee. No refunds will be provided for cancellations with notice of 14 days or less, however if we are able to resell your place on the course we will provide a full refund.
BSAVA reserves the right to alter the programme or the speaker should this become necessary due to unavoidable circumstances. BSAVA reserves the right to cancel a course due to unforeseen circumstances. Registrants should note that the BSAVA member's rate applies only when the person attending the course is a member of the Association. To qualify for the reduced member's rate for courses, non-members must join BSAVA prior to the course.