The BSAVA Textbook of Veterinary Nursing, 6th edition is now available. Barbara Cooper, Elizabeth Mullineaux and Lynn Turner have reprised their roles as editors, working with new and returning authors to fully revise and update this core text.
The new edition continues to be the classic core textbook for veterinary nursing students and a useful resource for qualified veterinary nurses. The textbook introduces the full range of veterinary nursing skills, theory and knowledge that students and recent graduates are expected to demonstrate. This edition focuses on dogs, cats, small mammals, birds and reptiles.
The layout of the book is designed to complement learning in clinical practice. Each chapter contains a list of learning objectives, as well as self-assessment questions, and provides key references, further reading and useful websites. A new appendix on veterinary terminology and a thorough index help make this an accessible resource.
New to this edition:
- Professional competence, including reflective learning and health and wellbeing, covered in the chapter on Professional veterinary nursing
- New chapter on managing the hospital ward and basic patient care covering accommodation, equipment and disinfection, as well as patient observation and assessment
- Standalone chapter on nurse-led clinics
- Diagnostic imaging with a focus on digital radiography
- New chapter on nursing interventions in hospitalized animals, including nursing of common patient types encountered in practice
- Appendix on veterinary terminology
- Specially commissioned new drawings.
The BSAVA Textbook of Veterinary Nursing, 6th edition is available from the BSAVA shop. Click HERE to purchase your copy today.
Price: £65.00; BSAVA members: £45.00
To become a BSAVA member, visit our website here.