20 April 2021 19:30 - 20 April 2021 21:30
Regions Now: Endocrinology: how can we improve our diagnostic acumen and monitoring
Online , Online , Gloucester Gloucestershire, GL2 2AB
brought to you by South West region
In this installment of the Regions Now lectures, Kate Murphy will discuss the clinical effects, diagnosis, treatment and recent advances relating to this condition.
Before the live event
Delegates will be issued with a link to a closed group on the BSAVA Regional website, with access granted to a series of short webinars and associated reading. Access to this will be from 13th April.
The webinars are:
1. How to navigate the challenges of diagnosing thyroid disease
2. Using the Cushings Diagnostic Prediction tool to better guide investigation PU/PD dogs
3. Monitoring diabetics - how to move beyond the in-clinic glucose curve
The live session will take place on 20th April. Join us in the waiting room at 7.30pm, for a prompt 7.45pm start. This session will last 1.5 hours with opportunities for questions and discussion with the speaker.
After the event
Delegates will have access to the online content and discussion forum, and there will be opportunity for community peer to peer, and volunteer discussion, which is an important part of our Regional CPD.
Intended learning outcomes
- Understand the challenges of diagnosing thyroid disease in dogs and cats and how different test combinations can support this
- Understand the application of novel tools such as the "Cushings Prediction Tool" from RVC/VetCompass/Dechra to aid decision making in PU/PD dogs
- Knowledge of the different ways we can monitor diabetic dogs and cats in the clinic and at home and application of owner assessment tools such as the RVC Diabetes App
- Case based discussions will be used in the live session to support these webinars and other endocrine challenges
Dr Kate Murphy BVSc CertSAM DSAM DipECVIM-CA FRCVS
European Veterinary Specialist in Small Animal Internal Medicine and RCVS Specialist in Small Animal Medicine
Intended for veterinary surgeons and veterinary nurses
Terms and Conditions: All webinars must be paid for in full at the time of booking. No refund is payable if a delegate is unable to attend the live webinar; a link to the recorded webinar will normally be provided after the event.
BSAVA reserves the right to alter the programme or the speaker should this become necessary due to unavoidable circumstances. Registrants should note that the BSAVA member's rate applies only when the person attending the webinar is a member of the Association. To qualify for the reduced member's rate for webinars, non-members must join BSAVA prior to booking the webinar.