20 July 2017 09:30 - 20 July 2017 17:00
Ophthalmic emergencies - nothing to cry about
Best Western Plus Reading Moat House, Mill Lane, Sindlesham Wokingham Berkshire, RG41 5DG
This day is aimed at general practitioners wishing to improve their recognition and management of ophthalmic emergencies. The approach to ophthalmic emergencies will be covered along with first aid, then more advanced decision making. The hope is that this will increase your confidence in dealing with ophthalmic cases and improve your management of them.
• A day of interactive lectures on management of ophthalmic emergencies.
• Deep ulcer? Acute glaucoma? Corneal foreign body? If these fill you with dread then this course is for you.
• Various approaches to take on managing challenging ophthalmic cases.
• Helpful and practical advice for general practitioners on these common presentations.
1. Ophthalmic examination including approaching a painful eye
2. Eyelid and corneal trauma
3. Corneal ulceration decision making
4. Glaucoma Vs Uveitis
5. Sudden onset vision loss
6. Blunt trauma and bulging eyes
This course is kindly sponsored by MSD Animal Health
Speaker: Rachael Grundon BSc VetMB CertVR CertVOphthal, MANZCVS(Surgery) FANZCVS(Ophthal) MRCVS
Intended for Veterinary Surgeons
Terms and Conditions: All courses must be paid for in full at the time of booking.
To qualify for an applicable refund, cancellations must emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or requested by telephone on 01452 726700. With over 30 days’ notice we will refund 70% of the course fee. With between 15-30 days’ notice we will refund 50% of the course fee. No refunds will be provided for cancellations with notice of 14 days or less, however if we are able to resell your place on the course we will provide a full refund.
BSAVA reserves the right to alter the programme or the speaker should this become necessary due to unavoidable circumstances. BSAVA reserves the right to cancel a course due to unforeseen circumstances. Registrants should note that the BSAVA member's rate applies only when the person attending the course is a member of the Association. To qualify for the reduced member's rate for courses, non-members must join BSAVA prior to the course.