The British Small Animal Veterinary Association has launched the BSAVA Library to make it even easier to access its wide-ranging published content.
The new facility – at www.bsavalibrary.com – enables veterinary professionals to find content across its publications, create their own library of favourite content and receive alerts for new content matching their search terms.
Members can search across BSAVA publications for an individual chapter, article or lecture - including BSAVA manuals, the Formulary and Companion magazine. It also includes the Guide to Procedures, Congress Scientific Proceedings and podcasts, Client Information Leaflets and Scientific Information Sheets, with more content added over time.
The online library has seen a huge volume of material transferred across from the BSAVA’s main website and many of the manuals made available in digital format for the first time. Apart from the manuals, virtually everything in the library is available to BSAVA members as part of their membership benefits.
All BSAVA members get five free chapter downloads on first login and the BSAVA has developed a Library Pass enabling pre-purchase of a block of downloads so that chapters can be accessed whenever needed - prices start from just £4.80 per chapter (£2.70 for members). BSAVA members receive a discount on all purchased content.
- Search across BSAVA publications for an individual chapter, article or lecture
- Filter search results by article type, topic, animal, year of publication, and more
- Purchase whole manuals or individual chapters for online access
- Access collections of content curated around a theme
- Set up alerts for new content relating to a topic search, or the latest issue of Companion
- Single sign on for www.bsava.com and www.bsavalibrary.com (no need to log in twice)
- E-commerce functions enabling purchase of paid-for content
- More manuals and other content
- BSAVA members always receive a discount on any items that are available to purchase
Ian Mellor, BSAVA Publications Manager, said: “We are very excited about this latest phase of our digital innovation at the BSAVA. Our research shows members are busier than ever and the BSAVA Library will make it even easier for veterinary professionals to access a wide range of content from anywhere in the world.
“Much of the content is already open to BSAVA members, who will only pay for access to manual chapters and any other books that are not member benefits.”