14 November 2019 19:30 - 14 November 2019 21:30
Holiday Inn, Norwich North, Norwich North, Cromer Road Norwich Norfolk, NR6 6JA
During this evening CPD on Transfusion Medicine, we will discuss:
1. Indications for various blood product transfusions, including whole blood, packed red blood cells and (fresh) frozen plasma, including choosing which product is most appropriate in different conditions.
2. Choosing appropriate donors when whole blood is required.
3. Pre-transfusion testing, including blood typing and crossmatching.
4. Practical delivery of transfusions from dogs and cats.
5. Monitoring of patients during transfusion, recognising transfusion reactions and dealing with the consequences.
This course is kindly sponsored by Pet Blood Bank
Speaker: James Warland MA VetMB DipECVIM-CA MRCVS
Intended for Veterinary Surgeons
Terms and Conditions: All of our evening courses are catered during the registration period - half an hour before the start of the course. Please make us aware of any dietary requirements. If you are unable to attend,please let us know on the contact details below as we may have a waiting list which we can offer places to.
All courses must be paid for in full at the time of booking.
To qualify for an applicable refund, cancellations must emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or requested by telephone on 01452 726700. With over 30 days’ notice we will refund 70% of the course fee. With between 15-30 days’ notice we will refund 50% of the course fee. No refunds will be provided for cancellations with notice of 14 days or less, however if we are able to resell your place on the course we will provide a full refund.
BSAVA reserves the right to alter the programme or the speaker should this become necessary due to unavoidable circumstances. BSAVA reserves the right to cancel a course due to unforeseen circumstances. Registrants should note that the BSAVA member's rate applies only when the person attending the course is a member of the Association. To qualify for the reduced member's rate for courses, non-members must join BSAVA prior to the course.