Regional Support is provided by the Membership and Customer Service Team, the main point of contact is Jennie Clough, Membership and Customer Service Team Leader who is supported by 3 administrators, Julie Ormerod, Carolynne Malvern and Steph McMillan. This team is able to provide administrative and promotional support to all regions (such as flyers/registration forms for specific courses, e-alerts on upcoming courses and maintenance of the Regions part of the BSAVA website). The main contact for Jennie is via email on email@example.com. If you need to speak to a member of the team the number is 01452 726700.
Brief descriptions of the roles within BSAVA Regional Committees are listed below
- Identify a committee and approach new members to join the committee when needed
- Provide new committee members with guidelines as to their duties within the committee
- Arrange regular committee meetings
- Ensure that there is equal distribution of work between the committee members
- Organise the regions AGM
- Work with other committee members to devise a suitable scientific programme of courses and lectures around their region
- Correspondence and newsletters (liaising with BSAVA at Woodrow House)
- Minutes of regional committee meetings and regional AGM
- Updating of annual CPD programme and forwarding any information onto BSAVA
- Liaise with the finance department at BSAVA over payments and income
- Prepare the annual regional budget with the other members of committee and staff at BSAVA
- Keep regional income and expenditure statements sent by BSAVA on a monthly basis and present them to the rest of the committee
- Each region has a representative for the BSAVA charity Petsavers who will work with their members to promote the work that the charity does.
These are just brief aspects of what are very rewarding and important jobs within the British Small Animal Veterinary Association
Throughout the year, each region will be given the chance to have an article in BSAVA Companion magazine to promote upcoming courses and events.