BSAVA Small Animal Formulary, 7th edition
Editor-in-Chief: Ian Ramsey
The seventh edition has been fully revised and updated by an editorial panel of experts, with the latest drugs added.
- 25 new monographs, covering non-steroidal drugs, chemotherapy agents, specific amino acid supplements, and antioxidants
- Existing monographs have been checked and revised, with more than 30 new doses now recommended for dogs and cats
- More than 100 additional doses for small mammals, birds and reptiles
- Emergency doses for dogs and cats highlighted on the inside front cover
- Appendices have been thoroughly revised
- New section on the safe handling of chemotherapy drugs.
Member benefit: Eligible members of BSAVA receive a complimentary copy of the BSAVA Small Animal Formulary as part of their membership benefits and have access to a searchable online edition and downloadable PDF version (available on the membership page of the BSAVA website – login required).
Introduction: how to use the Formulary; the prescribing cascade; drug storage and dispensing; drug categorization for prescription purposes; health and safety in prescribing; A to Z listing of drug monographs: generic and trade names; mode of action; indications; formulations; doses (dogs, cats, small mammals, birds, reptiles);Appendices: abbreviations; writing a prescription; conversion to body surface area; percentage solutions; dosing small animals; guidelines for antimicrobial use; contrast agents; composition of intravenous fluids; pancreatic enzyme supplements; polypharmaceuticals; sedative protocols; safety and handling of chemotherapeutic agents; chemotherapy protocols; drug usage in renal and hepatic insufficiency; further reading; adverse reaction reporting form; Index of generic and trade names.
Sally Anne Argyle; Nick Bexfield; Daniel Chan; John Chitty; Simon Dennis; Clive M. Elwood; Heidi Featherstone; Simon Girling; Jenny Helm; Hilary A. Jackson; Brigitte Lord; Fraser McConnell; Daniel S. Mills; Jo Murrell; Jacques Penderis; Ian Ramsey; Molly Varga.
- Member price £45
- Price to non-members £60